For more than two decades, the Summer Institute in Statistical Genetics (SISG) has introduced geneticists to modern methods of statistical analysis and statisticians to the challenges posted by modern genetic data. Bruce Weir serves as the Director of SISG.
Online July 7-23, 2021
- Scholarship information and application will be posted by January 25.
- General registration will open February 15.
- Design a program relevant to your interest by choosing from module offerings.
- Most participants take 2 or 3 modules. Each module is two-and-a-half days.
- Participants receive a certificate of completion.
The goal of SISG is to strengthen the statistical and genetic proficiency and career preparation of scholars from all backgrounds, especially those from groups historically underrepresented in STEM such as racial and ethnic minority groups, low income, first generation college students, veterans, and differently abled and 2SLGBTQ groups.
2021 Registration Rates
|Group||Early-Bird Fee per Module (Through June 20)||Regular Fee per Module (After June 20)||Payment with UW Budget Number|
|Academic, Government, Non-Profit||
|Corporate, For-Profit Organizations||
- "I made connections with people who are also interested in cutting-edge genetic approaches and who could be important resources and collaborators in the future."
- "I valued the overview of different aspects of this field. It gave me a lot of ideas for what I could do in my own research."
- "I am new to genetics, so this was an excellent blast of information for me to enhance my exposure. The instructors were informative, professional, approachable, and friendly!"