The Summer Institute for Statistics in Big Data (SISBID) is designed to introduce biologists, quantitative scientists, and statisticians to modern statistical techniques for the analysis of biological big data. Ali Shojaie serves as the Director of SISBID. One of the goals of SISBID is to strengthen the statistical and data science proficiency of scholars from all backgrounds, especially those from groups historically underrepresented in STEM such as racial and ethnic minority groups, low income, first generation college students, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ groups.
Courses will be held online July 24 - August 4, 2023
Early rates extended through June 15
- 2023 courses are outlined below. Click course title to access module description.
- See table below for 2023 registration rates.
- Scholarship funding is not available for SISBID.
- Each module runs two and a half days and focuses on a different aspect of Big Data such as organizing and processing data for statistical analysis, visualizing data, or the challenges surrounding reproducible research.
- Enroll in multiple modules to create an experience that best suits your interests.
- Instructors are world-class faculty with expertise in all aspects of biological Big Data.
- Participants receive a certificate of completion for each module.
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay updated about sessions and the event.
Read about the Summer Institutes including session time frames, course format, registration and policies.
Rates for 2023
|Group||Early-Bird Fee per Module (Early rates extended through June 15)||Regular Fee per Module (After June 15)||Payment with UW Budget Number|
|Academic, Government, Non-Profit||
|Corporate, For-Profit Organizations||
Director, Summer Institute for Statistics in Big Data (SISBID)